1. Click here
2. Friends, come and go, but making them are not a simple recipe. Below are some tips and such to grow a bond.
3. Friends are going to be people who “get” you, even if they’re not in the major as you. Friends in college are crucial because they are empowering, to bounce ideas off of, and dream with.
4. Use your personality from Day 1. True relationships are sometime random, or through mutual friends, something time and proximity are the best ingredients for creating a friendship. Quirks, random interests, ridiculous sayings, and nerdy knowledge - are shown through time.
5. Accept compliments, and pay attention to the other people who might present opportunities to hang out or collaborate.
6. Be specific in understanding your worth and the types of people you want around you, and go to lectures, and kickbacks at your school to meet others. Be bold (even as I shy person, I have found just going to events and meeting others though mutual friends can be powerful.
7. Laugh it off if you have a misunderstanding, or do something otherwise embarrassing. Most people will follow your body language and understand.
8. As time progresses, friends should start supporting you - being a lending ear, or studying together.
Roommate bonding activities:
a. Watching a favorite show with your roomie! It can be a weekly ritual
b. Movie night/ girls night/ guys night
c. Go out to an event together, and make an effort to do a check in, making sure your room mate is well, mentally and physically.
d. If you are going to lunch or dinner, offer you roomie if she wants to tag along. If you are going to the same class, try to walk together!